||Oct. 8, 2021
- GSurf: automatically outputs mesh and element quality information to a log file
- GVol: automatically outputs mesh and element quality information to a log file
- Updates to the security logic
- Updated documentation to describe how element quality information is calculated
||Aug. 9, 2021
- BR: Option
GenerateSurfaceMesh now allows generating surface mesh corresponding to the exterior boundary of the model, all solids in each layer, or each solid separately.
- Updated security logic to account for the latest improvements and developments.
- BR: Significantly faster surface mesh generation when using option
- Updated embedded documentation, User Manual and Tutorial Examples to account for improved
- Issue with saving log files when non-English characters are present in Rhino file name or path is fixed.
||Apr. 15, 2021
- New security logic supports web licensing and newer Sentinel HL/SL keys. Using GriddleAbout dialog, users can specify license location: local, network or web (click on "Show or Change Griddle License").
- When starting new Rhino model or opening an existing one, advanced parameters for all Griddle commands are reset to defaults.
- Improved logs when running in demo mode.
- GSurf: Issue related to incorrect parsing of local element size when using non-US regional settings in Windows is fixed.
||Dec. 29, 2020
- Fully updated Griddle 2.0 Tutorial Examples. The examples and the documentation are now accessible at
- Support for Rhino 7. Griddle 2.00.8 automatically integrates into Rhino 6 and Rhino 7.
- GVol: significantly faster output of volume mesh for all 3DEC_7x formats.
- GSurf: Support of decimal comma (European format) when specifying custom element size (in hyperlink or name fields).
RidgeAngle is not reset when resetting advanced parameters.
- GInt, GSurf: All mesh attributes are preserved when intersecting meshes or remeshing (previously, only mesh name and hyperlink were preserved).
- GHeal: two options are added to
None. This allows for quick selection of necessary functions.
ExtendAllBoundaries option now supports multiple meshes.
- Issue related to the reproducibility of GInt results depending on the order of mesh selection is fixed.
- Issue with BR being extremely slow when creating surface meshes is fixed. Previously, this issue caused Rhino to appear non-responsive ("hanging") when creating surface meshes for BR solids.
- Issue with incomplete output of grouped faces in FLAC3D binary format is fixed. The issue sometimes appeared for geometries containing surface meshes that were simultaneously internal and external boundaries of the meshing domain.
- Issue with incorrect naming of joints for 3DEC_7x binary deformable format is fixed. The issue sometimes appeared for complex geometries with multiple intersecting meshes.
||Aug. 5, 2020
- Fully updated Griddle 2.0 User Manual.
- GVol, BR: New option
AutoOutputName sets the output file name and suppresses the "SaveAs" dialog. This allows calling meshing commands in batch without interruption (e.g., from a Python script). When
AutoOutputName is not set, the "SaveAs" dialog is shown.
- BR: New option
GenerateSurfaceMesh specifies if bounding surface meshes should be generated from the volume meshes. Bounding surface mesh generation may take significant time for large BR models and now it may be skipped if not needed.
- Modified the installer to avoid potential conflicts with other programs.
- Improvements in GSurf to better account for local mesh size especially with AllQuad remeshing.
- Group and slot naming is more consistent between GVol / BR and between FLAC3D and 3DEC outputs.
- Issue with ignoring local mesh resolution in BR is fixed.
||Jun. 8, 2020
- GExtend: New command to extend surface mesh along selected part of mesh boundary (see help docs).
- GExtrude: New command to extrude surface mesh along its border onto a bounding BREP/NURBS surface. The command helps quickly create close mesh domain from a surface mesh (see help docs).
- GHeal: Improvements in
- GHeal: Toolbar icon is updated ("meshed" wrench).
- GExtract: Extraction of mesh pieces in
AllSurfaces mode is more robust (all possible pieces are extracted).
- Griddle toolbar is updated to include new icons for GExtend and GExtrude.
- Updated Rhino built-in help documentation for GVol, GExtrude, and GExtend.
- Updated Security dialogs and logic allow selection of license location between local and network.
- Issue with Security logic not storing network license location is fixed.
||May 5, 2020
- GExtract: New option
SurfacesWithinSolid extracts pieces of surface meshes that are located within a selected solid (box, cylinder, etc.). Upon completion, the command keeps extracted pieces selected.
- GExtract: Option
BoundaryFaces is split into:
BoundaryFaces, which extracts faces attached to the mesh boundaries only, and
NonManifoldFaces, which extracts faces attached to non-manifold edges.
- GVol: New option
IniErrorCheck turns on/off common errors check for input surface meshes. The option is persistent, meaning that it remembers this setting between Rhino launches. The option can be accessed from GVol's
- Improved capabilities of BR to work on partially degenerate solids (i.e., with internally mismatching edges/nodes). Previously, such solids would be considered invalid. Now BR automatically attempts to fix the issues and then continues meshing.
- Improved BR functionality to work with joined concave solids (previously BR often created invalid mesh for such geometries).
- BR: optimizations in the algorithm to automatically create/display surface meshes.
- Speed optimization in BR and GVol when outputting to 3DEC 7.0.
- GSurf: optimizations in the logic processing information about skeleton edges and hard nodes. GSurf now works significantly faster for large models with surface meshes containing element size assignment.
RidgeAngle is moved from
Advanced options to main options (as requested by users).
- GHeal: improvements in
MendCrack functionality to work with Quad dominant meshes (to properly 'stitch' cracks).
- Issue with tolerance when outputting to 3DEC 7.0 from BR and GVol in binary format is fixed.
- Issue with BR using incorrect value of
MaxEdgeLength first time BR is run is fixed.
||Mar. 29, 2020
This version of Griddle requires the latest version of Rhino 6! Make sure to update Rhino 6 before installing Griddle (open Rhino, go to
Help -> Check for Updates, click on
Check Now...) If you install Griddle 2.00.4 with an older version of Rhino 6, Rhino may show an error immediately after starting that Griddle cannot be loaded. Click on details and follow the instructions to update Rhino.
New features and improvements:
- Improvements in how GSurf accounts for hard edges (now they can be partially taken into account if they do not fully match face edges).
- Hard nodes for GSurf can now be used without assigning any element size. This allows preserving original mesh nodes when remeshing.
- New function in GExtract
BoundaryFaces extracts faces along naked and non-manifold edges (i.e., mesh boundaries and non-manifold mesh intersections).
- GExtract preserves original mesh name and layer information in extracted meshes.
- Surface meshes created by BlockRanger will get the same name and layer as the original solid being meshed.
- Updated help docs.
- Updated some of the libraries Griddle depends on in the latest version (Qt5.14.1, Intel19.1, latest RhinoSDK).
- Updated Itasca license agreement.
- Issue with GVol producing poor quality mesh when
ShapeQuality is set to 1 (or close to 1) is fixed.
- Issue with GSurf producing poor quality mesh and not using local mesh size when
MinEdgeLength=0 is fixed.
- Issue with BlockRanger crashing when saving in FLAC3D binary format is fixed.
||Mar. 5, 2020
- Command GriddleVersion is substituted by command GriddleAbout.
- GSurf: Local mesh size specified via hyperlink uses new syntax:
elemsize:NumericValue (see GSurf help for details).
New features and improvements:
- New command GriddleAbout shows dialog with information about Griddle, active license, and automatically checks for Griddle updates.
- When Rhino is closed, Griddle shows improved dialog with a hyperlink to download Griddle updates, if any available.
- Griddle toolbar is updated to include a button for GriddleAbout command.
- GHeal: functions parameters in
AutomaticHeal mode are auto-calculated by default (
Parameters=Automatic). Custom values can also be specified.
- New function in GHeal:
AlignNormals unifies normals in joined/welded meshes (see GHeal help for details).
- Number of improvements and optimizations in GHeal.
- Updated help docs.
- Issues with proper layer assignment in GSurf (if
OutputMesh = Separated) are fixed. If input meshes are properly intersected (fully conformal), GSurf should always be able to properly separate the output meshes and place them in the corresponding layers.
- Issue with GHeal's
FillHoles option going into an endless loop is fixed.
||Feb. 11, 2020
New features and improvements:
- GInt option
TestIntersections has been replaced by more robust option
SplitIntersections (see GInt help for details).
- GInt got new option
OutputType = Mixed, which converts planar (within 0.5deg) pairs of triangles into quads (see GInt help for details).
- Updated help docs for GInt.
- Preserve custom URL of a mesh object after it is modified by GInt, GSurf, or GHeal (if URL contains data about mesh size).
- Default value for break angle for single surface non-manifold extract (GExtract) is set to 1deg (to avoid unnecessary face selection).
- Output filename extensions are fixed when using GVol and BR.
- Installer now sets Griddle registry info per local machine
||Jan. 22, 2020
- Internal Beta release of Griddle 2.00