ITASCA Canada General Manager
Itasca is a global, employee-owned, engineering consulting and software company, working primarily in the geomechanics and hydrogeological communities, and is internationally recognized for expertise in rock mechanics as it related to the mining, petroleum, and civil engineering industries.
We are looking for a passionate and talented individual to become General Manager for the Itasca Canada office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the office as well as being a technical lead and reviewer for the geomechanical assessments for mining clients using practical experience in combination with empirical and numerical methods. The successful candidate will also be responsible for client interactions, project delivery, accountability, mentoring and directing other team members to deliver projects on time and on schedule.
This is a permanent position with long-term growth potential. The compensation package includes a competitive salary, benefits, and stock in Itasca. Relocation costs are negotiable.
- Managing the office fairly and professionally:
- Regular meetings with all staff, including annual performance reviews and salary discussions.
- Encouraging interoffice interactions.
- Recruiting new staff and maintaining the retention plan.
- Exploring and pursuing growth opportunities.
- Fulfilling legal requirements in Canada regarding work safety, working environment for the staff, etc.
- Acting as a rainmaker by attracting new work and projects, mentoring staff, proposal work, etc.
- Provide external exposure by representing Itasca.
- Participation in industry events (conferences, workshops, etc.)
- Embrace and commit to the Itasca culture, our core values, and the Itasca Canada code of conduct.
- Master’s degree in engineering, with a Ph.D. in engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer in Canada, or equivalent in their current jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 10–15 years of work experience in the mining industry, with an emphasis on rock mechanics or geotechnical engineering. Underground operations or open-pit experience is strongly preferred. Experience in the use of numerical modeling for the mining industry preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and demonstrated leadership skills in the management of technical people and advanced projects.
- Strong project management experience in consulting, including the technical, financial, and scheduling commitments of the project. PMC certificate an asset.
- Strong English skills both written and spoken.
- Ability to write clear and accurate technical documentation at an advanced level.
- Preferred location is in Ontario, Canada.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Professional network and experience to attract work to the company for oneself and other employees, and advanced networking skills.
More details are available upon request. Please email Itasca Canada Recruiting at email@example.com